• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Norton toolbar disappears

Hi,

I have the latest version Norton 360 using IE11

Problem: The entire Norton toolbar (Icon Norton, Norton Safe Search, This page Is Secure, Access vault...) disappears form the screen when I connect to a  website which contains advertising content. It leaves a blank space. This lasts for as long as I takes for the website to fully download.  However, this does not happen on websites without advertising eg. a government site, Mayo Clinic, and Norton Community site etc.

This was not a problem with the previous  version of 360.

This does concern me!

Any ideas?

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Norton toolbar disappears

I'm having the same problem for roughly the past week or two. There's a problem when IE/Norton Toolbar connects to a site that contains adverts. The entire Safe Search, Vault, Share with Facebook tool bar just goes blank. If I reload the page often the Toolbar reappears. It's very unstable at this point & a pain since so many sites have adverts.

The problem seems to have started after the last batch of MS security updates, not the optional updates which I rarely install.

Remerciements0

My problem with the the Norton Toolbar started the moment the latest version of Norton 360 (June 2015)) was installed by Norton support. This was in relation to another issue. The Norton Support worker could not fix the problem. After changing some settings In IE11 he said "you are protected' but he acknowledged it wasn't working properly....

Remerciements0

Hello Martillim4

I've asked someone to look into this situation. He will most likely either post in this thread or contact you by Private Message. So please stay tuned to this thread to find the Private Message or a post in this thread.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Thanks, I've put June 2015 as the release date of the latest version of 360  .Not sure about the date. It's the 22.5.... version.  And downloaded late Oct? so perhaps similar time frame to Timothy?

Remerciements0

Could either or both of you supply a URL where this happens all the time, so others could try it and see if they can duplicate it? 

Please also tell us the complete version of N 360 you are running. From main page Help/Support > About.  The most current is 22.5.4.24.  Also what is the version of the Norton Tool Bar shown in IE 11 Tools > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions ?  The most current is 2015.5.4.10. Might as well mention your operating system as well.

Remerciements0

I'll post a URL when it happens again. So far today all seems ok.

I'm not using 360, I'm using Norton Internet Security. Version 22.5.4.24 & IE 11 Norton Tool Bar version 2015.5.4.10

I'll also try to upload an image showing the missing toolbar if/when it happens again.

Thanks for the help.

Remerciements2 Stats

Hi @martillim4,

I've sent you a Private Mail - please look in the upper right hand corner of the forum header for a link to your inbox.

Thanks,

Matt

Remerciements0

Hello Matt,

I've replied to your message and sent details earlier today, thanks.

So now I'm waiting to hear further.

Just to say my version numbers for 360 and Norton Toolbar don't correspond with 'Guru's' numbers as shown in his post. However doing a check gives me the reply I have  the lastest versions installed. Odd?   Running 8.1 IE 11. I suspect the versions numbers are revealing something related to my issue.

I'm just waiting for a response to my reply to Matt at this stage, so I'll wait to see how that goes first.

Remerciements0

N

Remerciements0

Hi yank Guru,

This is the information you requested: Running windows 8.1  IE11.

Norton360 Premier (according to the interface) Version 22.5.5.14

Norton Toolbar Version 2015.5.6.78

I've checked both and get the message that they are the latest versions which I see are different to the ones you have.

You ask for a URL. Here's one where the entire Toolbar disappears for a good while:  htttp://telegraph.co.uk/    As I say all the websites that contain advertising of one sort or another see the Norton Toolbar totally disappear.

Interestingly I checked my account last night and  the Norton Support Worker has downloaded the latest version (current 29 October , 2015)  under Devices 'Windows 8'. 

I've been running Windows 8.1 since I bought this computer 18 months ago.

The original downloads Norton 360 Multi-Device  show downloaded to 8.1. I'm not sure if that accounts for the different version numbers and the overall problem. But certainly with the latest install by Norton Support ( 29 Oct 2015?) my version numbers are different to yours.

Got to solve this it's driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Remerciements0

Hello

yank made his post before the new patch came out overnight early this morning. His version number is now also 22.5.5.14.  yank is offline right now.  Please also wait for Matt to contact you.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Hi,

Symantec will make a post to this forum thread issue. This follows our phone contact. It may take a little while for the post, so I think it's best I leave Symantec to make any comment.

Remerciements0

Hi Martinnim4,

Sorry I am late to the party - but I have been off line and still not 100% on my cable ISP - which is as fast as a dial up due to maintenance in the area  - but that is my problem - no one else's.

As floplot mentioned, I am now updated to 22.5.5.14, so my numbers were correct when I posted - but have changed since then. Sorry!

First time I went to your htttp://telegraph.co.uk/  I saw a Cookie option at the top of the headline banner - I did nothing and subsequent visits does not have it appearing - but all the times I have been to that URL there is no missing NTB.

Thanks for the response to my questions, but I am sorry I can not duplicate even with the URL you provided.  Please let us know what you hear from Symantec in a week.

Remerciements0

Hi yank,

Symantec will make a post to this topic thread so you will be able to follow their response from here.

Cheers

Remerciements0

Hi All,

I spent some time Thursday with Martillim and was able to identify the behavior and even replicate it, albeit the length of the toolbar's disappearance was much shorter for me. It appears to be related to the scanning of the page as it is being rendered and I'd be curious if anyone else has noticed the toolbar "blink" when using pages that are heavy with advertising.

Thanks,

Matt

Remerciements0

Hello Matt

I think I have seen others complaining about disappearing toolbars. I will have to see if I can find them. Thanks for helping Martillim4 and for posting in the Forum also. Hope you can get this issue fixed soon.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

I posted above that I was having problems with the toolbars disappearance. More often than not it happens when I am using IE 11 latest version, NIS 22.5.5.14 & toolbar version 2015.5.6.78

I find when I use IE 11 & right click on links within pages on several websites & open in new tab it happens more. This began to happen about a month ago.

I'll try & post a screen shot & show what the toolbar looks like..maybe you can assist? I've also added a screen shot showing the toolbar behaving normally. Screen shot taken a moment ago.

My Norton Subscription ends in 12 days & I'd like to see this fixed before that.

Remerciements0

Hi DanG,

Not sure I am missing something or not, but your first image "IE 11 Tool disappearance...." seems to have more toolbars below where the image ends - a complete screen shot may help us figure this out. 

It appears to me you may have some toolbars overlapped - from the alignment of the toolbar.

I have my IE 11 NTB on the same line as my Menu Bar - thus I have:

You have to unlock your toolbars in order to gain my arrangement, are yours locked?

Remerciements0

Thanks for the assistance yank, appreciate it.

Here's a better view for you.

Also, I don't have the "lock the toolbars" checked. I can't take a screen shot of it showing that, as the drop down tab goes away when I try to take a snapshot using Snap 8.

Just a heads-up, I'm signing off now. Will check back in the morning.

Many thanks

Pièce Jointe: 
Remerciements0

Hi Yank,

How did you manage to get the Norton toolbar integrated on the same line with the Menu Bar :( File Edit View Favourites Tools Help) ???

Mine has always been configured with the Menu Bar ('File Edit etc') above the Norton Toolbar. This arrangement worked okay until the download of the 'green interface' 360 Premier edition done by Norton Support on 29 October. 

Having said that, I do like your setup which leaves more space for the Window.

My Norton Toolbar  disappearance looks like Dan's, without the extra toolbar underneath the "blanked out' Norton Toolbar.  Although, part of my favourites dropdown list does put in a quick appearance in the blanked out Norton Toolbar while the website page  is downloading.

I've now taken to disabling the Norton Toolbar altogether because of the huge annoyance factor.

I'd be pleased if you could  respond to my question in the first line of my post.

Cheers and thanks for your interest.

Remerciements0

Hi Martillim4 and DanG,

If you look very closely at DanG's last image, you will see dotted lines in front of each segment of the different toolbars. 

The image displays the Menu Bar, the Command Bar, the Favorites Bar, and the NTB all with the dotted vertical line in front of each one. 

That dotted vertical line appears with the Toolbars unlocked. From the Menu Bar > Tools > View > Lock Toolbars UNCHECKED. 

With the Toolbars Unlocked, you can hover over the dotted vertical lines, and it will change to a horizontal two headed arrow, then with a left click and hold on the mouse, the double headed arrow, splits and double solid vertical lines appear between two arrows pointing in opposite directions. This symbol can be moved to where you want it (as long as it fits on the remaining space of the toolbar allotted space).  When located where you desire, release the left mouse button and Lock the Toolbars in order to keep it there. You may have to pay with this a bit to see how the various toolbars interact with each other.  I have tried to add the Command Bar to the same line as the Menu Bar and NTB, but there is not enough space on that line for all of them, so there is some limitation.

I tried to capture the double headed arrow and the double vertical lines with the two arrows in opposite directions and just can't accomplish it with the Snipping Tool I'm using.  Hopefully I was clear enough in my description.

Remerciements0

Hi Yank,

Thanks for your reply. I'll look at changing that after my Toolbar disappears issue has been rectified.

In addition to the toolbar issue I've been getting the odd false/ negative result with the safe search icon since the Oct 29 360 download. I mentioned this to Matt on the phone the other day. Microsoft's email (Hotmail, Outlook) some times shows  with the grey question mark(untested). It goes without saying that this is incorrect. Within a few seconds the icon changes to it's rightful rating of Norton Secure and green icon. This happened last night again.

I'm reaching the conclusion that 'something's gotta give'.  As this forum thread is not lighting up like a Christmas tree I'm suspecting something went awry with the Oct 29 download of 360 (green new version) via Norton Support.

Cheers

Remerciements0

Hi, just an update on the toolbar issue.

If anything, it's getting worse. Like Martillim4 these issues began to happen after the October 29th NIS update. I guess it's a bug that decided to affect only two users

I've tried changing the location of the Toolbars in IE 11 but nothing seems to help.

A few minutes ago I right clicked on a link at the dodge forum & as shown in the zip file the NIS Toolbar turns into what I'm beginning to call the latest version of Norton Ghost.

Take a look at the memory usage I circled as well..it went from 79% to what's shown fast & when the page was closed the memory usage went back up to 80%..

9 days left on my subscription & I'm beginning to wonder if I should move to another product. I don't want to as I've been using Norton products for roughly 25 years.

This is really getting frustrating but hopefully it can be sorted out.

Remerciements0

Hello DanG

Have you received the latest update which started to be distributed on Wed. in a phased in manner to the English speaking countries first until the telemetry shows a good report, then it will start to be given out to the other languages that Norton supports.? The latest version is 22.5.5.15. Look in the Blog section or find the Announcement for this version and it will tell you what it fixes. Thanks.

Remerciements0

Good morning floplot, I checked & yes I have 22.5.5.15.

I just checked the dodge forum again, Norton Toolbar stayed in place but for some reason on certain websites with 3rd party ads IE becomes unstable, eats memory fast & then NIS Toolbar becomes unstable.

Right now, I'm unsure if the problem is within IE or NIS..the old "chicken & egg" situation.

Remerciements0

Hello DanG

Have you seen Matt_Phillips post above? He was asking about the ads affecting the disappearance and asking if anyone else saw that behavior. You could bring out to him the issues you are having with it. Permalink   Perhaps he can help with your issue also.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hi Matt, I've posted several zips showing the problems I've been having with NIS Toolbar. It seems my situation is similar to Martillim's.

If you can spare the time, I'd appreciate any help or advice as to what I can do. My sub to NIS ends on December 4th. I'm hoping to have this problem gone before it's time to add another year.

Thanks

Remerciements0

Evening floplot, I took your advice & have asked if Matt can take a look see.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

Remerciements0

Hello DanG

Thank you for the good wishes about the Thanksgiving weekend. It's a double holiday for me. I usually celebrate my birthday over Thanksgiving weekend also.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

To Matt or anyone from Symantec, here's a couple of pics that show a before/after while at Microsoft support. One where the toolbar is missing & the other after a page recovery showing the page behaving normally. I thought the problem was on pages with a lot of ads, but it's not always the case as can be seen from the screenshots.

Is Symantec working on a fix for this issue since you mentioned you can duplicate the problem somewhat?

Pièce Jointe: 
Remerciements0

DanG, my be my system, but I get the following error from your NISToolbar.zip in IE

Remerciements0

Hi DanG,

I've sent you a Private Mail to help me follow-up.

Thanks,

Matt

Remerciements0

Good morning Matt, I've replied to the PM. Thank you.

Remerciements0

Morning Yank, I use 7zip..not sure if that's the problem or not. I'll try again.

Pièce Jointe: 
Remerciements0

DanG, I can now see your images - I'll wait and see what you and Matt come up with.

Remerciements0

Hi

My problem still exists, even following an uninstall/reinstall of 360 at the Norton official site. The Norton Toolbar even disappears  (several seconds) once I'm  actually logged in to my email account.

Remerciements0

Hello DanG

I had the same issue with your first zip file of your toolbar, as yank had, just now. I thought I had 7-zip on my computer.. I was just catching up with the posts in this thread.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hi Martillim4,

I was under the impression you were working with Matt_Phillips on this and he'd be back in contact with you since he did duplicate it although for a much shorter disappearance time.

Perhaps you can PM Matt asking for an update?

Remerciements0

Hi floplot, strange how both you & Yank had the same issue. I don't have the zip file now as I deleted it after Matt received it.

I just checked which version of 7zip I'm using & it is 9.20 I've downloaded the latest 15.12 64bit & will remove the old & install the new. It may be the reason you folks are having an issue with the files.

Funny, I run Secunia PSI daily & it reports a newer beta version available but not post beta.

If there's another issue & there will be, I'll post another screen shot. I'm really surprised how few are reporting this issue after Matt was able to duplicate it to an extent.

Remerciements0

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Remerciements0

Thanks for the link Krusty13, I appreciate any help or knowledge given.

Remerciements0

Hello DanG

I didn't know they have a new version of 7 Zip. Last time I checked not too long ago, they didn't have a new one. It must have been released recently. Thank you, I will check for a new version also.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

I also has this problem where Norton Toolbar disappears, e.g. when I go to http://www.zdnet.com/ click on an article, then it disappears for few seconds.

Appear that it takes some time to check the site, hope they fix this soon. I use IE11.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Remerciements0

Hello Gretar

I went to that site today twice with win 7 pro IE 11 and had no problems accessing the site. I get ZDNet emails every day with no issues at all.  Perhaps it is an intermittent issue with the servers.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hello Gretar and Floplot,

Norton toolbar disappeared for around 20 seconds. This ZDnet site test was carried out a number of times over the weekend with the same result.

It appears you either have this problem or you don't. I think that's becoming obvious.

Cheers

Remerciements0

HI Floplot and Martillim4

Strange, some have it other don't. It stops from around 15 to 20 seconds I did take the time now.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Remerciements3 Stats

Hi all,

No news yet but I'm getting some additional debugging instructions together to help us identify the problem. I'll try to have those out by the end of tomorrow.

Matt

Remerciements0

Thanks Matt, I appreciate your work. As a customer of Norton going back close to 25 years, I had hoped this could be resolved.

I'm still using an old version of Ghost for a windows XP system I keep my older pc games on & still love it's simplicity after all these years.

Have a nice weekend & thanks again.

Remerciements0

Hello DanG

I'm still playing Unreal Tournament on a Windows 7 pro gaming machine.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Has any solution been found for this issue.  I am also having the same problem I like Norton and love the toolbar and integration with ID safe but it is useless if it doesn't work.  If there is anything I can do to help please let me know I do not know of any sites without ads so I can not say if it works on sites without them but it disappears after about 15 seconds.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Jason Croyle

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.