• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Not able to get 22.5.5 and other problems - Need Admin Help ?

I have 3 computers running Windows 10 /64bit all stuck at 22.5.4.24

I have fast start off, and have tried may times restarting and Live Updates.

I have tried Norton remove/reinstall tool, also tried Windows uninstall followed by Norton remove tool and reinstall from my account. Also tried Revo Uninstaller in most aggressive mode, followed by Norton tool.

No change.

I also notice some other problems:

Under “Settings” if I click the “?” besides items nothing happens.

Under “Help” page most links do not work, only the “About” and “Product Manual” links are responding.

Also Windows Defender is trying to update and of course it cannot as the program is stopped.

I just tried the Norton Removal Tool again, restarted and then turned on Windows Defender and let it update, and then reinstalled Norton. Windows Defender is again partially active. In the Windows Defender GUI it is showing “PC Status: At Risk” and “.... application’s service stopped. You should restart it now”. So the next time Windows downloads a definition update there will again be problems!

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Not able to get 22.5.5 and other problems - Need Admin Help ?

I'm not sure this will help but you could try uninstalling Norton, disabling WD, then reinstall Norton.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Remerciements0

Thanks Krusty,

I uninstalled Norton, restart, then went to Settings, Update & Security, Windows Defender and turned off Real-Time Protection, Cloud Based Protection and Automatic Sample Submission.

Reinstalled Norton and the above were all still off (Yea !), and if I click "Open Windows Defender" it gives a pop-up box saying it's turned off (whereas before it went to the Windows Defender GUI)

Now I just have to solve all the other problems !!

Remerciements0

Davec33, did you ever get NS 22.5.5.15?  I also have three family computers, Windows 10 64bit.  Two now have the latest version but one still has NS 22.5.4.24.  I know it is sent out in a phased manner so I'm just checking if you or others are still waiting for the new version.  With Firefox 43 now out the computer running 22.5.4, Firefox does not accept the Norton toolbar.

Remerciements0

Hi Lakes,

Never got 22.5.5.15 yet. Still stuck at 22.5.4.24 , and as you say Norton toolbar is now blocked by Firefox 43.

Just as a matter of interest, where are you located and when did your other computers get the latest version ? I'm in Canada and was wondering what the time period was for "phased manner" - someone said it should only be a few days but it's now been about 3 weeks since the last announcement from Norton.

Remerciements0

Hello Davec33, I'm from the USA. The computers with 22.5.5.15 received the update about two weeks ago.

Remerciements0

Hi @Davec33,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have sent you a private message requesting for more information. Please check it when you get a chance.  

Thanks,
Sunil G A
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.