• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Norton's language

I have two Norton Security Premium licenses, one of them is partially used, expiring in December 2017, and the second one is still intact. The one being used was purchased and downloaded from Amazon-US while I was in my home country in Europe.   

My issue is I encountered a problem when trying to install the key of my partially used license into one of my computers. It seems that since my license was first applied to two of my computers while I was in the US, I am now prevented from installing this same key in one other computer in my home country. The error message reports that I need to purchase a new key in the country/region where I currently am. This doesn't seem to make sense to me, but it may be a moot point.

My question is, if I, even if under some understandable and probably even legitimate frustration, end up buying a new license in the country where I am now staying, will the country's home language have any impact at all on my daily use of the product? As the situation is, I can speak the language of the country but I would very much prefer to have it in English.

All help will very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thématiques: Installation

Réponses

Accepted Solution
Remerciements1 Stats

Re: Norton's language

Hello LinYu2

Symantec does have this regionalization policy the last couple of years. You will have to chat with Customer Support and see if they can give you a link for the program in English. One of the Gurus lives in Italy and she is able to get her copy in English. If you have those 2 other computers with you, I'm not sure if the program will work in your home country.

www.norton.com/contactcs

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Hi floplot,

Thanks for your help. Actually, I did not need to contact Norton. In looking through my records, I happened upon the text of a chat I had back in the year 2014 about this exact same issue. I had forgotten about it, but from the contents of said conversation I concluded that I would not get much solace from trying it again...

Instead, I decided to use one seat from the second set, as I mentioned in my opening post, and thus sending to waste a bundle of unused seats, for which I will remain forever grateful to Norton for making me go through these trials...

And also, I encountered no problem with the language, most likely because my Norton Account is set in English.

I just encounter one issue that I hope will be resolved shortly. The machine where I just applied the new key shows all settings to be correct, with no issues remaining. But if I access my  Norton Account from a different computer, the computer where I installed the new key still shows that the key has expired. Like I said, I am not too concerned about it, because the machine involved shows that all is fine. (See pics below).

Thanks again for your support.

Remerciements1 Stats

What you may try is to contact Support and see if they can combine the time from the older subscription and the newer one. That way you will not lose any $$$.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

Hi Peter,

That's a very sensible suggestion. I will do that and then report back here about the results, whatever they may come to be. Not too hopeful, though, but the idea is totally reasonable.

Thanks.

Remerciements1 Stats

Hello

Don't know if they will combine accounts with different regionalization involved unless you no longer will use that license in the other region.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Done.

They did not accept my suggestion for the combination of the two licenses, invoking policies and restrictions, whatever. I still don't see why they couldn't (if they really wanted) to do something along the lines referred to by Peter.

As it turned out, the best they could do was to offer an extension of 60 days to one of the licenses, and this was only after the agent put the case to her supervisor. I end up guessing that these Norton Customer Service supervisors either have a ridiculously small amount of power flexibility or they are notably stingy... Peter's suggestion would imply no losers, just winners, on both sides, in my view. But, oh well... I'll survive!

Thanks again to both of you for your continued support.

Remerciements1 Stats

LinYu2

You could try another chat session. Sometimes different agents are aware of different ways around an issue.

Remerciements0

Hi Peter,

I've got that exact same impression from this and other previous chats with Norton agents. And I also tend to be acutely aware about wasting money in freaky ways such as this. However, there is always a point at which you go one step back ans ask yourself whether, everything being considered, it's still worth the bother. Well, in this instance, I feel I've got to that point...

Regardless of the outcome, my appreciation for your kind support remains untouched.

Thanks.

Remerciements1 Stats

LinYu2

I have also asked our Norton contacts to look into this situation. You did purchase the product in good faith. Just because you move to another part of the world, it is not fair that you lose what you paid for.

Remerciements0

Oh, Peter... I can't find the proper words to express my mix of admiration and gratitude, not so much for the material value involved here, which is quite meager, but for the "noblesse" of your character: caring about what you believe is right -- and doing something about it. Just for the sake of it. Admirable, indeed!

No matter what the outcome turns out to be, your efforts become one more entry into my moral ledger, rendering my debt balance simply unpayable, ever...

God bless your soul.

Remerciements6 Stats

Hello @LinYu2,

I'm very sorry about the trouble you ran into. I'd like to gather some information from you and so have sent you a Private Mail, accessible via your Forum Inbox.

Thanks,

Matt

Remerciements5 Stats

As in any story with a good ending, I'm pleased to report that my issue has been remedied by Norton's combination of the remaining days in each license, along the lines delineated above by Peterweb. The only (and quite small) issue that remained was the inability to use the resulting license outside of the region where I'm now sitting. No major issue, in my particular case, considering that I move frequently between here and there and I can adjust to the so-called "geo-locking" requirements, in spite of disagreeing with them.

One last word of gratitude and appreciation to Peter, who graciously and effectively intervened without being asked, and who has certainly been an important element weighing in the decision.

I also wish to express my appreciation to Matt Phillips for his involvement in kicking it off and to Greta Cocchi, who finalized my case with much grace and professionalism.

God bless you all.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.