• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Home page query

Why has my Norton Antivirus recently started to change my home page from Google to MSN. I have looked through the settings but can find nothing that refers to this problem. This has only been happening for a few months and seems to happen when an idle time scan runs.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Home page query

HAH What is the browser you are using? Thanks.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Remerciements0

My default browser is IE 11, but I have chrome and firefox installed. I hardly use the latter two except for sites that cause IE problems. My OS is Windows 7, but like I say I have done nothing different recently, could recent Norton patches have something to do with my problem as I have had two in recent months.

Remerciements0

KAH open internet explorer and go into Tools then Internet Options. The screen that appears you can make your default homepage made there. Next open Tools once again then open "manage addons". There you can see your default search provider, then add/remove as you wish. Personally I remove Ask.com (Norton Safe Search) as my default provider but leave it there for the sake of Norton toolbars functioning.

In the lower right in blue lettering you will find "Find more search providers". Opening that takes you to a webpage where you can select a provider and it will install it for you. For me Norton HAS NEVER changed my default home page yet Microsoft Updates have. This could have happened in your case. Hope this helps.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Remerciements1 Stats

Norton would not change a homepage to MSN, but Microsoft would.  Skype updates are one method they use: often you will be presented with a pre-selected option to make MSN your homepage, and that must be unchecked before you install the update to avoid the change.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.