• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Premium backup not available with premium software

I recently installed a new product code for Premium but the software asks me to upgrade to premium when trying to use backup. I suppose the same thing happened on the last premium version but I never tried to use it.

Very disappointed as this should not happen.

Thématiques: Windows 7

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Premium backup not available with premium software

AKHermit FYI!!! Premium has backup built in per the official Norton site. https://us.norton.com/norton-security-with-backup

Give chat support a shout. They can straighten this out for you. http://norton.com/chat

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Remerciements0

Thanks Soul, I did that before posting but do not feel comfortable giving access to my computer to people I do not know and that's what they wanted on chat and phone. Why not just tell me what I can do? One solution is taking it back to Costco and get  a refund, it's only about a week old.

Remerciements0

My best solution for you is- IF you are using Windows 10 disable "fast boot" in your power settings and reboot the computer. Here is how: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

Next, remove and reinstall the product you now have on the computer. Make sure you have your account credentials before doing the removal for use when you reinstall. You can find the R&R tool here: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Let us know if this helped.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Remerciements0

I will try that Soul, when I get up the nerve LOL. Will it be a different process for my Win 7? I looked at my installed programs and see that N I S in 2015, even though I by a new version each year, something is not updating. Norton online backup shows installed 2011.

Will I be secure during the uninstall process?

Remerciements0

P.S., I have just downloaded the uninstall & reinstall tool.

Remerciements0

AKHernit Glad you have the R&R tool, please update us when you have things reinstalled. Just a FYI!! Support shouldn't have to do a remote session into your computer to figure out what is going on with your issue. Removing and reinstalling with the provided tool will remove all of Norton files then you should reboot. Log back into your account then download the product anew. Once installed run liveupdates until there are no more available and reboot again. Once booted run live updates a second time until none are available. Check your version by opening the Norton icon in your system tray. Then look for the word "Help" and open it. In the area named "General Information" click the word "About". Your version should read 22.10.1.10 traditional channel.

Cheers

Accepted Solution
Remerciements2 Stats

Hey Soul,

Wow! What a process for a old goat with a very slow connection, I did have a nice support lady on the phone till the download began. Now have Norton again, quick scan, live update and a patch and have version 22.10.1.10

Thanks for your assistance and patience! Problem solved.

AKHermit (AK= Alaska)

Remerciements0

Great news!!! Glad we could assist. Have an awesome weekend.

Cheers

Remerciements0

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.