• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Norton is slowing down my pc-how to resolve

I have an HP desktop, Intel Pentium CPU G3250T @ 2.80 GHZ, 4 GB installed RAM, 64-bit OS, x64-based processor, Windows 10.

Norton is constantly running in the background, and when I come back to my desk after leaving it for an hour or so, it, quite literally, takes 10-13 minutes before I can access anything that I have up - which is usually just email.  I'm better off using my iphone to grab the info I need!  Very frustrating, because I can type much quicker on my keyboard!!!

Please help!  I understand the need for it to run constantly when I have internet explorer up, but why the heck does it take 10-13 minutes???

Thématiques: Windows 10, Performance

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Norton is slowing down my pc-how to resolve

Which version of what Norton product are you running? What you describe does not sound like your copy is playing well with your system.

I will assume that you have run a full initial scan so that Norton is not still trying to establish its baseline for future scans. I will also assume that you have reviewed all of the settings on your Norton product and are satisfied that they reflect how you want Norton to protect you.

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Remerciements0

I am having the same issue running Norton Security. The fix is to uninstall and do a clean install. I have to do this about every 3 months. It would be great if the folks at Norton could just get their heads out of the sand, admit that they have an issue and resolve it once and for all. 

Remerciements0

murphystevej,

I've had NSBU installed on two systems for over a year and never found the need to uninstall and reinstall. Could there be another reason for your problem?

Should I do an uninstall and reinstall I find that

www.Norton.com/nrnr

works well and is simple to use.

stay well and surf safe

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Remerciements0

One of the reasons I use Norton on my Windows devices is because of how little resources it uses.  Even on a low-powered Atom-based laptop, Norton doesn't affect performance.  In your case, it is possible the idle-time scanner is not stopping when you resume usage of your computer, potentially caused by a buggy Intel chipset power-management driver.  I ran into an issue like this during my deployment of McAfee ENS 10 in a enterprise environment.  Start with a complete uninstall/reinstall of Norton.  If that doesn't work, try updating your Intel chipset driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/1145/Intel-Chipset-Software-Ins...

Remerciements0

Thank you for your input.  I checked, and I have the current Intel-Chipset-Software.  I did an uninstall/reinstall, and that seemed to help a little. 

Remerciements0

Yes, everything is current.  I'll try running a full initial scan, pretty sure I did that on setup tho.

Remerciements0

Really annoying to have to do what you describe! Hoping one time will do the trick.  Never had this problem before with a Norton Product :(

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.