• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements1 Stats

100% disk usage when rebooting or restarting he computer?

Hello, I'm getting a 100% disk usage from Norton Premium Security. The only way I can get it to go back to normal is if I turn off smart firewall, etc for a few minutes then turn it back on. I have been doing this all of March since got it, but its really irritating to this every time. I already turned off backup ad Norton tamper protection.

Also, there is two Norton services always active in task manager. A norton icon with a green check, and another one without it. I already tried Norton removal and update, but it did not help.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: 100% disk usage when rebooting or restarting he computer?

For reference, my computer Inspiron 15 N5050, and I have been getting the 100% disk usage after downloading a new Norton product after the last one expired. All drivers and bios are up to date.

Remerciements0

How long does this high cpu usage last after you restart. 

You do not want to turn off Norton Tamper Protection. That is a feature that prevents malware from turning off your protection so it can infect your system.

In Task Manager, you will see 2 Norton Security processes. One will be under the System user name and that is the main background protection of the product. The second process under your user name is for the System Tray icon and the Norton user interface when needed.

And have you verified that Norton is taking up 100% of the cpu,  or is it just that the cpu is reaching 100% total usage? There are lots of things that happen with a Windows system at startup. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

CPU usage is at up 17-25% for it. Norton is not taking 100% disk usage but it can go up to around 30-54% along with Microsoft compatibility telemetry, Microsoft store, dsappsx all bring the the usage to 100% making the laptops performance slow. I did disable a number of Microsoft services, but its difficult to turn off Skype and Microsoft store service. 

Oh okay so that is normal, I am relieved.

Well the reason I disabled backup, backup overlay and tamper protection is that in the past the disk usage was at normal after they were turned off, but I turned tamper protection back on now. I also updated Norton to a newer patche today and it seems to be running normally again. Maybe this new patch fixed the issue for older computers.

Remerciements0

Good news that this has stopped happening for you.

Disk usage will go up for Norton after a system startup, as it is scanning all the files being accessed. 

Were you able to tell how long this high disk use would continue after the system start? If it settled down after a minute or so, it was probably related to startup processes.

Then again, it is possible that something just needed to get fully updated, whether Norton or Windows. After a couple of more restarts, things may have settled down.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.