• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

More problems with norton

Hello Probably after last update I don't have anti-theft on. Every time before it I had msg that anti theft is on version (last version 20180403.002) now I can't see any msg like this. So I guess it's off

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: More problems with norton

Hello greendio I assume you are referring to Norton Mobile Security. What is the NMS version you have installed on your device? Give your device a reboot and see if that clears.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Remerciements0

No it's on pc. I tried reboot 3 times already and still can't see it on even after live update. Not sure it's good translation but it's called "intrusion prevention"
Remerciements0

That's different than what you were reporting. Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing if you'd be so kind, here is how: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Remerciements0

I'm not using english version. But if you click advanced and that's the network thing between intelligent firewall and email protection. I have everything on here but I can't see msg in history that this specific protection is on now. Before this update I had 3 msgs "intrusion prevention monitors network traffic version...." then another one smiliar to that one before and last one "intrusion prevention is on" I wanted to try something and I turned off this option for a few secs and then norton changed to red colour. I clicked on again and those 3 msgs showed again but after reboot still can't see it.... So now I don't know norton just hide information about it in history or it's not working anymore and I have to turn it off then on to "unblock it"
Remerciements0

Also norton remove and reinstall didn't change much. After update the same problem back again
Remerciements0

Hello again. In your history select "intrusion prevention" per my screenshot. If you see the statement intrusion protection is monitoring network traffic the protection is enabled.

Remerciements0

Yes that's exactly that msgs I can't see anymore in my history after update yesterday. I tried Remove and Reinstall tool but it helped before update. After updates and reboot it's gone again
Remerciements0

greendio At this point and knowing R&R doesn't fix the issue, give support a chat. They can remote into your system and find perhaps something that is amiss and correct it for you. I have the same driver version as your last update here on my machines, per my screenshot, and have not seen any issues. Please let us know how they assisted you and if they resolve your issue for you.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/contact-chat?inid=hho_supp_sp-email_contact-chat

Cheers

Remerciements0

That's the thing I can't do. I'm not using mobile phone right now so I can't even put a number here. I hope that because norton is GREEN something still protecting me
Remerciements0

If you are green Norton is doing its job. I would still contact support at your earliest convenience.

Cheers

Remerciements0

I'm not using mobile phone right now so I can't even put a number here.

You can use the chat feature on your PC.   www.norton.com/chat

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

This option also require a phone number
Remerciements0

Hello greendio A new product version 22.14.0.54 was released overnight. Please run live update to get the patches and let us know if this corrects your issue. Here are the release notes: https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-2214-product-update-available-now

Cheers

Remerciements0

If the new version does not help, try chat again. 

This option also require a phone number

You are asked for a phone number in case your chat session gets disconnected. If it will not allow you to continue without a number, just enter a dummy number, all 1's , and continue.

Remerciements0

I thought last update fixed my problem because after update intrusion prevention showed again, but again after reboot it's gone.
Remerciements0

Now I have more problems....

When I click on norton and advanced the first option auto-protect is grey and down information

*waiting for anylize protection..... Reboot might fix the problem

Remerciements0

And did you try rebooting as suggested?

Sometimes there is just some pending function that needs a reboot to complete.

Remerciements0

Yes I did it like 3 times already

Weird thing is everything is okay if I don't run uplay (platform like steam or other) not sure that's the issue. They updated it today.

But even if auto-protect is grey it's still working?

Remerciements0

You need to look at your Norton icon in the System Tray. If there is a green check mark, you should be protected. But if the setting is greyed out, I doubt that you will have the green check.

Remerciements0

peterweb:

You need to look at your Norton icon in the System Tray. If there is a green check mark, you should be protected. But if the setting is greyed out, I doubt that you will have the green check.

Hmm, as I recall....my Auto-Protect greyed were found by observing tray Icon menu greyed Disable Auto-Protect......tray Icon was green check.     Just me.  Just saying.

Remerciements0

I have not seen the greyed features, so I am just guessing here. 

Maybe @Sunil_GA can comment on if the system is protected if the green check is there while the settings are greyed?

Remerciements0

Now I'm sure that's because uplay, I can leave my pc and do other stuff all day but when I open uplay auto protect is grey.

That never happend before and I'm using uplay pretty long time. Maybe because they updated uplay yesterday and now norton mark it as something dangerous.

Even if there is green check mark when auto-protect is grey and norton menu is green I'm still kinda worried to use. I really want to fix it somehow because now I'm using uplay only.

Remerciements0

Software changes all the time. uplay may have been updated, and we know Norton gets updated all the time. Often when the protection items are greyed, it is because there is some pending malware remediation requiring a system restart. You are still protected when this happens.

Try a full system scan with your Norton product. Then try a scan with Norton Power Eraser, NPE.  NPE is a much more agressive scanner, so before allowing NPE to delete anything, post the results here in case NPE is flagging any legitimate files. 

Remerciements0

I'm also having problem with NPE but it's a long time already. It's so slow and many times it just lagging one first "phase" like checking connection after pc reboot. But if NPE allow me to scan I can't see any detection. Tried malwarebytes aswell and 0 detection

Remerciements0

Have you checked your Norton History under Resolved,or Unresolved risks to see if something has been detected?

If so, and you can find the files that are flagged, you can submit a false positive report on those files. You can report false positive indications here https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Remerciements0

Yes I checked everything.

I think now everything is okay, they updated uplay again and after this update norton auto-protect is not grey anymore. We will see how long it's fixed

Remerciements0

Keep an eye on things for a few more days and let us know if it still is OK.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.