• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Firefox Password Vault not synchronizing

Hi everyone, Good news that IE11 is now working but now have a problem with Firefox and Password Vault Synchro. When I open Vault window in Firefox it knows I have 159 vault Logins but they are all empty. My Norton Security Vault shows them all and also the IE11 now its been fixed on both my Windows 10 PC and Laptop. Have been on Norton Security chat line for Hours today trying to fix it but agent had to give in. Anyone had same problem or have a fix ?

Kind Regards 

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Firefox Password Vault not synchronizing

What version of the NPM extension for Firefox do you have? The latest is 6.3.0.16?

Was the Firefox extension working for you while IE 11 has its issues?

I just checked my vault in FF and it opened fine and was populated with my logins.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

I also use FF, and while it opens, I find that recent requirement for update in passwords have not been added there.  I thought they were automatically, especially after a day or so.  I recently had problem getting my Norton login to update.  I finally changed it in the desktop NPM, edited it myself and it seems to be working.  Do I need to manually do that to other changes needed with Norton, like account, my norton, etc?  Even discovered some incorrect user names for Norton pages.  Could recent change in Adroid phone and tablet have caused this.  Trying to get all my ducks in a roll and have them working in sync.  Thanks in advance.  Oh I try to use Foxfire with all.  Chrome seems to have far to many redirects. 

Remerciements0

Hi everyone thanks for your posts, my problem with the Firefox Vault started a few days ago, I believe after a small Firefox update. My vault dropdown window shows the positions where my Login information should be but with blank grey circles at the start of each entry .If I go to the Vault selection It shows I have 159 Logins but they have a blank blue circle that if you select show no information. Norton chat team did fix this for me a few days ago with Reinstalling Norton Security + Vault backup and reinstalling Firefox and said it was a Sync problem. However the problem returned at the same time IE11 was fixed, however the same chat agent who had fixed it the first time, using the same fix had to give up. Peterweb my version of NPM add-on is 6.3.0.16 as you say and yes I had changed to Firefox due to the problems with IE11 and it had worked with no problems.

The positive side to all the problems I have with Norton is the help given by this community and the access to the chat team.

Regards  

Remerciements0

Xantia

Have you restarted your computer a few times since reinstalling things? What version of Win 10 do you have? If you recently got the 1809 update, and you had disabled the Windows Fast Startup feature, it probably got turned back on. If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Windows Fast Startup feature.. See more information here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

Hi peterweb, have Windows 10 Build 17134 and have now disabled Fast Start up again. Thanks for info and will report back if things improve.

Regards

Remerciements0

Hi everyone, said I would report back, however its not good news, Peterweb's idea was good but did not work, have tried several more reinstalls of Firefox and Norton password manager extension but still no vault entry population. As this does not seem to have affected others on the forum it must be a problem with just my machines and Firefox. Have put a post on Mozilla Firefox support due to this. Looks like it was just coincidence that this happened when Norton fixed the IE11 password problems. The only good news is that fix is still holding. 

Thanks again for your help               

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.