• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Security deluxe recently installed. Scan for viruses warning displayed. Will not scan with fault 3038,104. Re-installation solve

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Security deluxe recently installed. Scan for viruses warning displayed. Will not scan with fault 3038,104. Re-installation solve

Hello Norman. Can you run live updates with your Norton product? If so, run live updates until no updates are available and reboot. Also, if you are using Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 disable "fast startup" in your power settings and restart your system. Here is how to accomplish that. Please let us know if this helped.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.476 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.9.63 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Remerciements0

Re: Security deluxe recently installed. Scan for viruses warning displayed. Will not scan with fault 3038,104. Re-installation solve

Many thanks for your advice. I an XP dinosaur!

I keep updated constantly, but rebooting therafter does not solve the problem.

Getting boring having to re-install in order to scan!

Norman G

Remerciements0

Norman what is your Norton product version?  Norton on Windows XP has been in "maintenance mode" for quite some time now. I'd like to verify that you don't have a version that isn't supported on XP.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.476 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.9.63 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Remerciements0

Regret I am unable to ascertain my NORTON Product Version, too senile! I have looked around.

Perhaps you can advise where to find it.

Many thanks for your trouble and interest.

Norman G

Remerciements0

Norman open your Norton user interface (icon in the system tray). At the top right per the below screenshot click the word "Help".

When the next small screen open, click the word "About" as in the next screenshot.

The third screen that appears will have your product version listed on the left under Version.

Cheers

Remerciements0

Eureka! Thanks to yourself!

My NORTON Security Deluxe version is 22.15.2.22

Best Regards

Norman G

Remerciements0

You indeed have the version you should have for the OS you are using. One thing I forgot to ask earlier. You are logging into your machine with an admin account or with a non-admin account? There will be a difference since admin credentials allow for system changes where as a limited account won't. If you are NOT logging in as an admin please do so and run live updates. The retry the scan. If you have other registry tools or malware software installed those can conflict with Norton. 

Cheers

Remerciements0

Hi

I am the only account and shown as "User Administrator."

There are no other "anti-threat" programs installed or running.

Only other  program in the background is the screen-saver.

Up till now NORTON has detected only low risk threats which have all been contained.

Norm G

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.