• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

SLOOOOOOW Backup Drive File Deletion

I've been trying to delete 53 files from my a directory on my Norton Backup Drive.  So far, it's taken over 3 hours.

It says Files Deleted: 53 of 53

Transferring: 54%

Transferring WHAT?  I'm just trying to delete files from my online backup - how long does it take?  At this rate, it will take me weeks to delete files from all of the directories that are stored there.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: SLOOOOOOW Backup Drive File Deletion

Update:

Online Tech says it's my internet connection and to reboot in Safe Mode.  This is crazy.  I'll try that and see - but it makes no sense to me why deleting files off of their servers should take many hours.

Remerciements0

Re: SLOOOOOOW Backup Drive File Deletion

It has squat to do with the internet connection. The purge process works a lot like the restore process does. Check out the forum sticky on that topic to get more in depth details. In short when you request to purge a file the system has to comb through all historical archives. As it locates references to the files they get removed. Once its finished its archives and catalogs have to be re-built to allow you to access the data you didn't purge.

The more history you have the longer it can take. Also factor in encryption and security utilized to ensure your data remains protected and it can end up taking time. The transferring is the catalog files getting updates back and forth. Everything you've referenced indicates everything is working correctly.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.