• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Identity Safe vault gets stuck in indeterminate state

I run NIS version 21.1.0.18 on Windows 7 pro x64. Browers are Firefox 26, IE 11. I have Identity Safe vault configured to close after 30 minutes.

Ever since updating NIS to latest version via "Check for new version", Identity Safe gets stuck in a mode where vault state is CLOSED on the toolbar but clicking that icon brings up the full Identity Safe screen - not the vault signin screen.  All logins and passwords are viewable and the slider on bottom of the Identity Safe screen is OPEN. CLicking the slider does nothing, it just stays OPEN.  The problem is browser independent. It never occurred before updating NIS to current latest version.

The only recovery is by reboot or by switching Identity Safe OFF then ON on the NIS Settings > Web > Identity Safe screen.  This returns Vault and Identity Safe to normal operation for a while.  I don't know if the problem occurs randomly, after a certain period of activity/inactivity, or after a certain number of vault logins/logouts.  But it does happen, every day, several times a day.

This is a critical security issue. Please provide a solution.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Identity Safe vault gets stuck in indeterminate state

I run NIS version 21.1.0.18 on Windows 7 pro x64. Browers are Firefox 26, IE 11. I have Identity Safe vault configured to close after 30 minutes.

Ever since updating NIS to latest version via "Check for new version", Identity Safe gets stuck in a mode where vault state is CLOSED on the toolbar but clicking that icon brings up the full Identity Safe screen - not the vault signin screen.  All logins and passwords are viewable and the slider on bottom of the Identity Safe screen is OPEN. CLicking the slider does nothing, it just stays OPEN.  The problem is browser independent. It never occurred before updating NIS to current latest version.

The only recovery is by reboot or by switching Identity Safe OFF then ON on the NIS Settings > Web > Identity Safe screen.  This returns Vault and Identity Safe to normal operation for a while.  I don't know if the problem occurs randomly, after a certain period of activity/inactivity, or after a certain number of vault logins/logouts.  But it does happen, every day, several times a day.

This is a critical security issue. Please provide a solution.

Remerciements0

Hi rsanders101, and welcome. It's possible something became corrupted in the upgrade process.

I'd suggest using the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool, which will give you a fresh install.

The link is here...http://www.norton.com/nrnr

Ensure you back up your critical information in csv form, in case of problems.

Normally, it is a very quick and painless option...

Windows 10 Home X 64
Remerciements0

Hi rsanders101,

The following may or may not have something to do with your situation, but I'll provide the link and the info anyway:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Them-2-NIS-icons-in-the-system-tray-just-wont-go-away/m-p/1068273/highlight/true#M250933

Now if you are signed into ID Safe, and have your All log in page minimized and close your vault (click on Vault is open and click on the yellow  block in the lower irght hand corener of the drop down (says Close my Vault when you hover over it)), you will observe that your vault says it is closed, but the icon remains in the task bar.  If you hover over it, you will see the all log in screen, however when you click on it to maximize it,  you end up on the vault sign in page.

The above is part of the post I made detailing what I had found, I have not tested exactly what you are saying, but intend to try it later today and see if I can duplicate what you are saying.  The difference in what you are saying is that I used the "Close" from the Vault is Open drop down (in lieu o letting it time out to shut down) and that when I click on the minimized all oog-in in the task tray, the log in opens in lieu fo the all Log-in page.

Remerciements0

I have tested it by setting the time out to 15 minutes, waited for the time out to close the vault and then I hovered over the Icon in the tray and it showed the all log-in page as being opened.  When I clicked on the Icon to maximize it, it went to the vault log-in screen.  It did not display the all log-in screen.

I amnot going to test it again - this time without minimizing the all log-in screen.  I normally open my vault and then minimize the All log-in screen (as I did in the previous test).

Perhaps some info in regards to how you handle the all log-in screen will help us figure this out.

Remerciements0

LOL at myself - it never closed after 15 minutes - perhaps because it is after 15 minutes of inactivity and I eft the All log-in page open - whihc it might see as active?

Not sure I understand all I need to, but it does appear from what I have gotten that your system is acting diffrently from mine and I do believe that if the Vault closes due to inactivity, it should take you to the log-in screen.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.