Windows Action Center message appears, uninstalls latest Norton product and installs older product
Windows 10 Action Center shows the message: "Your security subscription needs an update. There's a new version of Norton product available". When you click the message, the latest version (22.214.171.124) is uninstalled, and an older version gets installed.
Symantec is investigating this issue and working with Microsoft to resolve it for customers.
If you have already clicked the popup, and had your Norton 22.5.5 product uninstalled and Norton Internet Security/Norton 360 installed:
Go to norton.com/setup. If you are not signed in to Norton already, you will be prompted to sign in. Type in your email address and password for Norton, and click Sign In.
In the Install on this device window, make sure the product name that is displayed is the one you want to install, click Agree & Download.
Do one of the following depending on your browser:
- For Internet Explorer: Click Run.
- For Firefox or Safari: On the top-right corner of the browser, click the Download option to view the downloaded files, and double-click the file that you downloaded.
- For Chrome: On the bottom-left corner, double-click the file that you downloaded.
If the User Account Control window appears, click Continue. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Your Norton product is now installed and activated.
If you have not yet clicked the popup message, be sure the following are correct. If they both are, for the time being we recommend that you close the notification by clicking the "X" in the notification, and ignore the alert from Windows 10.
- Your Norton Security Subscription is valid. You can check this at the bottom of your Norton Product
- You are using Norton Security 22.5.5. You can check this on the main product screen under ? Help > About