O que você está procurando? Pergunte a um especialista!
Locking my passwords in the Chrome dropdown against unauthorised access
There does not appear to be anyway of locking the passwords when I access them from the drop down on the Norton Identity Safe Chrome toolbar icon.after I have opened my vault
- click on the Chrome NIS icon
- a drop down list of saved sites appeared
- hover over one of the displayed sites and a cog appears
- click on the cog and a form displaying the title, login URL, user name and password displayed
- against the password are an eye icon to show the password and a copy icon to copy it to the clipboard - both of which work without requiring any further authentication
I have selected the 'Always require Vault Password before filling a log in or form' option which works fine when I try and login via a site login page but can be completely bypassed by following the above route.- which makes this Setting almost completely worthless.
The same concern applies to the 'My Vault' Editor
The passwords are only secured when the Vault is locked again which appears to take several hours (I can't see an option for changing this period).
My concern is that my passwords are completely exposed if somebody accesses my computer whilst I am away from it after I have logged into my vault (or if it gets stolen)
My preferred option would be to be able to set out my own timeout on the Vault so that it logs out after 5-10 minutes of no-use (which is the way the old NIS worked) a
The other option would be to request the Vault password when I try and view the password via the drop down or the My Vault page as well as when I try and login on the site.
This feels like a massive hole in NIS at the moment which makes me very nervous.
At the moment, I am having to remember to close the value everytime I use it (which I quite often fail to do).